Date: October 19, 22022
Speaker: Allen Rukenyk, Vice President, Gluten-Free Food Program
Register here: OFPA OCTOBER WEBINAR REGISTRATION
The Ontario Food Protection Association (OFPA) – bringing together industry, government, & academia to promote, educate & communicate innovation in food safety.
Founded in 1958 as a non-profit educational association, OFFA’s main objective was and still is to provide a common forum through a series of educational events that allow our members to exchange ideas and information, make connections and build contacts with like-minded professionals. The organization strives to provide members with hot topics and industry updates in food manufacturing in Ontario specific to food safety that will affect your business. Collectively, they offer student scholarships, provide an informative and timely newsletter and recognize excellence through industry associated awards. The association is also proud to be affiliated with the International Association for Food Protection (IAFP).
About the Webinar
WEBINAR TOPIC: Guidance and Strategies for an Effective Gluten-Free Management Program
- Gluten-free food continues to be a highly sought-after choice among many individuals across the world.
- Making the shift towards becoming a gluten-free manufacturer, restaurant or food service operator requires putting a comprehensive gluten-free management program in place.
- Because gluten can be characterized as an allergen for individuals with Celiac Disease, a gluten management program very closely resembles an allergen control standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Food safety programs will need to be tailored to fit the precise processes and supply chain practices of each individual business to ensure proactive gluten-free management.
- The growing gluten-free market offers a tremendous opportunity for all food companies to capture new business growth.
Some discussion topics:
- Gluten-free food market statistics
- What is gluten?
- What is celiac disease?
- Effective gluten management strategies and practices for food manufacturers, restaurants and food service operators
For more information on the Gluten-Free Food Program and GFFP Certification, fill out our contact form today.